In-Person Worship in July
The St. Matthew COVID task force announces protocol for Sunday services beginning in July:
- Everyone who wants to come to a service may come! No need to register or worry about the alphabet.
- Masks will be optional for fully vaccinated persons, except when singing in the choir, when they will be mandatory for all choir participants.
- Services will remain intergenerational through the summer, with activity bags available for children or others who like to have something to do. Activity bags will contain all new items that children can keep after service and just return the empty bag. Bags will be laundered between use.
- We will continue to have announcements and order of service on the screen; printed bulletins will not be available, but there will be hard copies of highlights from the weekly email available on the counter in the Narthex for those without electronic access.
- Offering plates will be in the Narthex, and not passed in the pews.
- Passing of the peace will be done through song and distanced gestures of waving, air hugs, air high-fives, and the like.
- Communion elements will be self-contained. If you need gluten free elements, you are invited to bring your own communion elements for the appropriate time in the service.
- Livestreaming will continue to be an option.
Rules for Small Group MeetingsTen or fewer
Six feet or more distance expected
Masks preferred for outdoors, required indoors
Notify the church office about when and where you plan to meet
Church Office Hours
St. Matthew is striving to experience and share the unconditional love of God.
Our congregation is passionate about serving the needs of those in our East Valley communities through partnerships with local organizations. We also serve around the world through our United Methodist connection.